Access to the User Manager requires permission. This can be controlled in the Profiles section of the User Manager. For a guide on how to manage profiles click here.
Click User Manager in User Account menu to open the User Manager overlay.
In the Users tab it is possible to:
- Add a user
- Search and sort users by fields
- Edit or Delete a user
- Deactivate a user
- Unlock a user
- Reset user details
Adding a user
- Click on the New User button to open the Add New User dialogue.
- Enter the details of the user.
- Finally, click the Add User button to save the new user.
Please note that the username will automatically become the email address for new users.
Note: when an existing user is added to any account, My Services sends a confirmation email to the user. That user does not appear in the users list until the request is confirmed.
Searching and sorting users
- Use the search function to find a user by their name or email address.
- Look up users by first name using the letters across the top of the overlay.
- Click on the column headings to sort profiles by their Name, Email, Profile or Status.
Editing a user
- Click the Edit icon.
- Change the details of the users, including switching the type of profile if needed.
- Click the Save Changes button to finish editing the user.
Deactivating a user
Click Deactivate to restrict the user from accessing My Services.
Deleting a user
Click the Delete icon to delete an existing user.
Unlocking a user
Click the Unlock button to unlock a user.
Note: a user gets locked after entering incorrect credentials 3 times in a row or if they don't log in for more than 6 months. The unlock icon only appears if the user is locked.
Resetting a user
Click the Reset icon to reset the passphrase and security questions of a user.
When a user's passphrase and security questions are reset, My Services sends a confirmation email to the user. User details are not reset until the request is confirmed.