Access to the User Manager requires permission. Find out more about permission by reading this guide.
As standard the Default template is automatically created in your account. This profile enables the user to access all services and functions.
Click User Manager in User Account menu to open the User Manager overlay.
Click on the Profiles tab.
In the Profiles tab it is possible to:
- Create a new profile
- Search for profiles or sort them by fields
- Edit a profile
- Delete a profile
- Assign users to a profile
Creating a new profile
Click on the New Profile button to open the Add Profile dialog.
- Set the Name and the Description of the profile to anything you like, these fields are only used for your information.
- Set permissions for each Area by ticking the corresponding boxes or copying the permission from another profile by selecting it in the dropdown.
- Click on the Save button to Save the new profile.
Note: a user requires View permission to User manager and Services to be able to raise an incident or request ticket.
Searching and sorting profiles
- Use the search function to find a profile by their name or email address.
- Click on the column headings to sort profiles by their Name or Description.
Editing a profile
- Click the Edit icon.
- Change the details of the profile, including changing permissions if needed.
- Click the Save button to finish editing the profile.
Deleting an existing profile
Assigning users to a profile
Click the Users icon to open the Assign users to profile dialog.
- Select a user in the Available Users list.
- Click the assign (>) button.
- Click on the Save button to save the Assigned Users list.